« Twinkie Rebuild: Day 6 | Main | 1000 Miles »

Twinkie Rebuild: Day 6.1

I just got an update from my Dad. It looks like the new fuel pump he bought turned out to do the trick - we’ve got good fuel flow and everything looks good. Guess both of the old ones had gone bad - what are the odds of that?

As for the air cleaner, Dad spent about an hour walking through Beisswenger’s Hardware and thinks he’s found a combination of parts we can use to secure the air cleaner to the body.

Things are certainly looking up. We’re waiting for the air ducts which will route the filtered air from the air cleaner to the carburetor, but in the meantime we can do the once over of the remaining systems (brakes, suspension, etc) so that once the air ducts arrive Twinkie is ready to rise again!


This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on September 6, 2004 7:05 PM in Twinkie.

The previous post in this blog was Twinkie Rebuild: Day 6.

The next post in this blog is 1000 Miles.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.

Creative Commons License
This weblog is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by
Movable Type 3.34